“Today, God is calling His Church back to worship. This can be seen in high church circles where there is a renewed interest in intimacy with God. It can be seen in low church circles where there is a renewed interest in liturgy. It can be seen everywhere in between these two. It is as if God is saying, ‘I want the hearts of my people back!’ And if we long to go where God is going and do what God is doing, we will move into deeper, more authentic worship.” – Richard J. Foster.
Jesus is only interested in the condition of your heart. He wants your life as a sacrifice of worship to Him. Do you love Him? Are you fully committed to this walk with Him? He wants true and authentic worship that comes straight from the heart.
Romans 12:1-2 says, “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Worshipping Jesus is a lifestyle. You do not need a candle or an idol of Christ to help you worship Him. Worship comes from within; it is a way of life. It is not an act of duty that we carry out every Sunday morning at church. Worship is an intimate and personal relationship with God where we worship Him in spirit and in truth. The Father seeks true worshippers; are you one of them? (John 4:23)
Let’s Be Real, Worship Him with all your heart. Start Here:
1. Clear your thoughts, release forgiveness to those you have hurt and to all those who have hurt you.
James 5:16, “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
2. Close your eyes and focus on how deeply God loves and cares for you, so much so that He gave His only son Jesus to die for you so that you may be free of all sin and shame.
Psalms 48:9, “Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.”
3. Focus on how grateful you are to Him for saving you and giving you a second chance at life.
Psalms 136: 1, “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.”
4. Allow the Holy Spirit to teach you and allow His presence to fill you.
John 14:26, “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”
5. Submit your thoughts to His power, clear your mind, and do not let negative thoughts remind you of your wrongdoings. The enemy, which is Satan, will distract you from worship.
6. Lift your hands in surrender to Him.
Psalms 36:4, “I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands.”
7. Be still and quiet, tapping into your spirit, allowing your spirit to converse with God’s Spirit.
Psalms 46:10, “He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’”
8. Worship is kneeling or bowing before God, if you can do it.
Psalms 5:7, “But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence, I bow down toward your holy temple.”
9. Do not pray, do not ask anything of God. This is a time to love and give to Him – not take from Him.
10. You may sense His presence; you may tear, but do not be afraid, give in to the power of the Holy Spirit.
Psalms 126:5, “Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.”
11. Speak less, feel more and love Him from within. God is Spirit, and we worship Him in spirit and in truth.
12. In this locked-in moment with Jesus, He may speak to you through a still, quiet voice. Listen.
1 Kings 19:12, “After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.”
13. Make time as often as you can to worship Him in this way, read His word and meditate.
Joshua 1:8, “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.”